Who we are
Sensor Line is a strong and reliable company, founded in 1996 and a member of International Road Dynamics Inc. (IRD) since 2021. We focus on the development and manufacturing of very well-engineered traffic monitoring systems. You can find our products in toll and free flow applications in more than 50 countries worldwide!
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 40 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
We are looking for a Software Developer to create traffic monitoring and vehicle classification systems. Someone who is interested in creating innovative software design and sees the big picture. We are seeking dynamic individuals passionate about working with many technical components, including databases, containers, graphical user interfaces and AI algorithms. As a Software Developer you will guide our external development team to meet the customer’s requirements and to promote consistent architectural principles.
Focus is on adding value for our customers, this position collaborates with talented, knowledge-driven teams of developers and other stakeholders.
• Analysis of customer requirements for traffic monitoring systems from sensor technology to customer interface
• Software development and documentation of the customer specific solutions
• Testing of the programs, optimization of the software solutions in cooperation with our test engineers
• Collaborate with technical leads and operations team to continue delivering a scalable and reliable software solution.
• Guide our external software team to meet the specifications.
• Provide technical coaching to service team and customers.
• Completed studies in electrical engineering, computer science or comparable qualification
• Solid knowledge of high-level programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Python)
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in system and software development
• Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and neural network development of advantage
• Business fluent in German and English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Team engagement and collaboration
• Detail and process oriented
• Continuous Learning
• Problem Solving